Grant Information

($100,000) State Hazard Mitigation Grant Program

If you are an eligible Road Home that chose Option 1 (Repair / Stay ) you could be eligible for up to $100,000 to elevate your home. This will be additional grant funding on top of your Road Home and ICC funding. Please keep in mind that this is a reimbursement grant.

  • Structure must be elevated to the ABFE or BFE which ever is higher.
  • Homeowner must still own home.
  • Homeowners must show all proof of payments.
  • Homeowner must agree to carry Flood Insurance.
  • Must receive clearance through FEMA to participate in the program.

(75/25 Split) HMGP Parish and Local Government Program

You might be eligible to elevate your home through the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program also know as the HMGP Parish or Local government program. Each homeowner must apply and be approved through their City or Parish to receive funds.

  • Some homeowners are expected to come up with 25% of the cost of the project.
  • Homeowner must apply for the program.
  • In some cases you might have to wait for months to get approved.
  • For more information contact your local floodplain manager.

($30,000) Road Home Elevation Grant

If you are an eligible Road Home applicant you may be eligible for as much as $30,000 to elevate your home.

  • Must show that you elevated within 3 years from receiving money or funding must be turned back in.
  • Must have indicated interest by 6/16/2008.
  • If you sold your home you are not eligible for the program.

(ICC $30,000) Increased Cost of Compliance

If your house was declared “substantially damaged” by your Parish because of flooding and you had flood insurance at the time of the storm you could be eligible fo up to $30,000 in ICC grant funding.

  • Must elevate to the Base Flood Elevation.
  • Most claims receive half up front and the other half once job is complete with a Certificate of Occupancy.
  • Must have a contract estimate, elevation certificate, and building permit to receive first half.

Severe Repetitive Loss Program or SRL

Check with your parish government or city hall to find out if your community offers the SRL Grant. Make sure your property meets the (1) and (2) requirements mentioned below.

  • The definition of severe repetitive loss as applied to The Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL) Grant Program was established in section 1361A of the National Flood Insurance Act, as amended (NFIA), 42 U.S.C. 4102a. An SRL property is defined as a residential property that is covered under an NFIP flood insurance policy and:
  • (1) That has least four NFIP claim payments (including building and contents) over $5,000 each, and the cumulative amount of such claims payments exceeds $20,000; or
  • (2) For which at least two separate claims payments (building payments only) have been made with the cumulative amount of the building portion of such claims exceeding the market value of the building.
  • For both (1) and (2) above, at least two of the referenced claims must have occurred within any ten-year period, and must be greater than 10 days apart.
  • Federal / Non-Federal cost share: 75 / 25 %; up to 90 % Federal cost-share funding for projects approved in States, Territories, and Federally-recognized Indian tribes with FEMA-approved Standard or Enhanced Mitigation Plans or Indian tribal plans that include a strategy for mitigating existing and future SRL properties.